Sruthi has been learning Bharatanatyam since the age of 5, under the tutelage of Guru Vishal Ramani and accomplished her Arangetram (solo dance debut) in Sept 2004. She has performed for SKDC on many occasions, and given performances in India, most notable being under the auspices of Tyagaraja Gana Sabha, as part of their Annual Dance Festival in Hyderabad, India. Sruthi also maintains a keen interest in Indian Classical music, learning under the tutelage of Hema Sista. She is a freshman at Domincan University and also likes to play Veena,tennis and swimming in her spare time.
Shri Krupa Company Performances
- “SamarpanamII – The Next Generation”, September 11, 2010, McAfee Theater, Saratoga – A special dedication to the Art of Bharatanatyam and Guru Vishal Ramani
- “The Rythmic Bells”, March 8, 2009. A ninety minute series of dances performed by 32 dancers at the grand opening of the De Anza College Visual and Performing Arts Center, Cupertino.
- “Ramayana (“the legend of life and love”)”, Presented by Shri Krupa dancers on September 21, 2008 at McAfee Performing Arts Center, Saratoga.
- “Thyagaraja Vaibhavam”, 6:00pm, September 23rd, 2006, San Jose Repertory Theater, San Jose
- “Festival of Bharathanatyam – Part II”, 3:00pm, June 24th, 2006, Historic Hoover Theater, San Jose
- “Festival of Bharathanatyam – Part I”, 3:00pm, April 30th, 2006, Historic Hoover Theater, San Jose
- “An Evening of Bharathanatyam”, 6:00pm, November 27th, 2005, Historic Hoover Theater, San Jose
- “Kala Chakra”, 6:00pm, October 2nd, 2004, CET Theater, San Jose
- “Omkar”, Sep 28th, 2003, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara
- “Ramayana”, 6:00 pm; July 27th, 2002, San Jose Repertory Theater, San Jose
Checkout The Hindu